10.26.2011

Fall Football and other Musings

I come from a large family, with my youngest brother on this earth is Joseph. There is an 18 year difference between the oldest biological, and the youngest. For the past 26 or so years, my parents have had children at both the local Catholic Elementary School and Catholic High School. Last year marked the first year that my parents would not have a child at the elementary school. It was bittersweet for certain, but these are life's changing stages.

Joseph is now in 7th grade at the junior high/ high school, while my other sister, Mollie, is a junior. I am glad that they have each other there. My oldest sister, Rachael, and I also work at St. Joe right now and so I find it so funny that there are 4 Gray-Lewis' at one school now! I am loving being around family so much, and I am so impressed by how much Mollie and JoJo are growing. They are becoming such independant, intelligent, and kind people. I thought JoJo would be embarrassed about seeing his older siblings at his new school, but he will still come up to me in the hallway and give me a hug! I love it! JoJo is playing football this season and he such a good athlete! I have been fortunate to attend a few games and get some pictures of him- no matter how much he protests- It's not cool to have to stop and smile while playing football, ya know?

I don't remember what my dad was doing here, but he sure was proud of himself! 
Joseph has decided he doesn't like to smile in pictures anymore. He's too cool for it.

When we were kids, if we were not smiling my dad would always say, "I can see that smile!" over and over again until we smiled. Works every time
Can you see the red hair? #17

We called his name for a while to try to get him to turn around- finally he acknowledged us!

 

This is my pitiful attempt at a picture of all of the Gray-Lewis men. They are such goofballs! Oh, and my mad photography skillz could use a little work. Any tips on working with low light?

No comments:

Post a Comment