6.03.2011

Whew!

Well, we made it to Tishimingo and back, despite the 95 degree heat index. And let me tell you, 95 degrees when you don't have access to AC is miserable! We had planned to stay two nights, but after a long hike on Saturday through the heat, we decided to pack up and head on back home. It didn't exactly help that our campsite had absolutely. no. shade....but we had a good time for the time that we were there- and got some great pictures! We plan on going back in the Fall/Spring when it's cooler, but for now I think we'll stick with day hikes!

Surprisingly this work week has gone by pretty quickly! Since we didn't have work Monday, Will and I devoted the day to errands- so much for relaxing on our day off- HA! What can I say, we like to be on the move! We even picked up a new piece of furniture for the study! This weekend, however, we don't have any major plans and we are definitely looking forward to relaxing. We plan on cooking out and starting (and hopefully completing) a project. We have several pieces of furniture that we have plans to re-purpose, now it's just finding the time to get them done. I'm hoping we can knock a few off the list before Will starts school in the Fall. We haven't decided which project we'll tackle this weekend- but I am so looking forward to spending a lot of time at home and with my sweetie.





It's ironic how timing of things happens sometimes, isn't it? I started classes this week in preparation for nursing school, and it just so happens this is the first week that Will has been able to come home right after work rather than tutoring. Typically we leave work together, but then I head home and he tutors into the evening. Now he's home and I'm gone every evening. Hmph.

I reheard a quote this week that struck a particular cord with me. "Most people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be"- Abraham Lincoln

We so often get stuck in the humdrum of life and work that we forget to look around us. There is so much to be grateful for, but it's easier to forget about the good and just notice the bad when it comes through. This week I have decided to take more of a notice of the good and be grateful for it. The tough times will come, but I don't want to dwell on that. I don't ever want to feel like I wasted a part of my life focusing on bad when there is always good right next to it. You can take the good with the bad, just deal with the bad and move on. Don't let it define you. This is my newfound resolution to myself.

I am going to start a photo challenge! I found a blog that posts a challenge each day for the month of June. I told Will about it and we are going to do it together! since I missed yesterday, I have 2 days to catch up on. Yesterday was "self portrait" and today is "what did you wear". We are going to post our pictures on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment