5.17.2011

It's a Wonderful Life

Goodness! Has life been busy lately or what!? Will and I have been crazy busy with work- and when we're not running camps, or doing health fairs, we try to fit in a camping trip (beginning our training for Denali!) Life is great and we are just trying to soak it all in! We do like to relax, but we definitely like to be on the move. We both feel that there is so much to do- we want to try everything. Something that we are both always striving for is to learn more, educate ourselves even more, become better, more informed citizens, become better friends, siblings, children, spouse etc. I never want to stagnate. I want to always strive to push myself. I try to live fully in the moment and not live in regrets, or always be worrying about what others are thinking. (You'd think that once you're an "adult" you wouldn't worry about those things anymore. At least I thought that.) I can't say that I always succeed in my goals, but I try to always attempt growth and keep my goals in mind. When we have children one day, I hope that we can teach them to always grow and expand their horizons. All in good timing.

So here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately!


This is the little green space outside of our apartment. It WAS really overgrown with weeds and brush. This picture was taken after I had already cut all the weeds off the fence. You couldn't even see the steps through all the weeds! After all was said and done, we had 3 garbage bags, and a trash can full of sticks, rocks, and brush!





It now looks like this! I planted morning glory along the fence, and we planted a crepe myrtle!






I've always loved yard work! It's good for my soul.

This weekend we went camping down at Paul B. Johnson near Hattiesburg. We were only there one night- but it was so much fun! We went on a hike and got a lot of great pictures. It was perfect camping weather- cool during the day and even cooler at night!



We decided to have a mini photo-shoot halfway through our hike




This was a super viney plant that latched on to anything in its path- even Will's finger!


I really loved the arch on this tree- and the sunlight shining through was just perfect.


Lillypads were everywhere!

We are just enjoying life and staying busy.




p.s. Here is a "spooky cat" picture from the other morning. I'm not sure if it's Rufus or Alihandro. They are identical twins, ya know.




No comments:

Post a Comment