4.25.2011

We Made It!


Clare here-

So it is now April 25- meaning that we have been married for just over 2 weeks, and it has been nothing short of wonderful! I still catch myself thinking sometimes, "Man, when we get married we will have to..." and then I remember! Wait- we are married! It has been a long time coming, and it feels so surreal. The wedding and reception were both fabulous. My goal for the whole day was to be stress free. I did not want to worry about anything, or get upset. I did not want to look back and only remember being angry. I am happy to say that my goal was a success! Not everything went according to plan, but everything worked out. We were surrounded by family and friends on one of the most important days of our lives, and that was our only wish for the day (apart from getting married!) Even though it was unusually warm- even for MS!- we all danced the afternoon away and snacked on BBQ chicken, tiramisu, and sweet tea. Will and I met our out of town friends and family at my sister, Rachael's, house Sunday for brunch, and then headed out after that to NOLA for our cruise! It was so much fun to get an evening to just walk around N'awlins and relax after all of the planning we had been doing. I'll post some pictures soon- but it was definitely a much needed vacation!





On a different note, something Will and I have in common, and has always been a driving force for us, is our desire to dream BIG. When Will gets into something, whether it be SCUBA diving, writing, or even camping- he always goes big. Another dream Will and I have in common is our love to travel. It doesn't really matter where- as long as we are able to see a different part of the world- we love to learn more about our surroundings. We've been fortunate enough to travel some while we were dating, but now that we are married and have more freedom- our desire to travel is in full swing.....as well as Will's (and my) desire to discover the outdoors. Not too long ago I got a text from Will saying, "I just came up with a very ambitious idea"...I walked into his office (we work for the same non profit company) and on his computer screen was a google maps page up with directions being shown from Jackson, MS to Healy, AK- Denali National Park! Just to give you a reference, that is a 4,185 mile drive- over 3 straight days of driving (as in no sleeping, eating, potty breaks).

Dreaming BIG, huh? So, I'm thinking either driving part or all of the way to Alaska is in our future somewhere.

Here we go!

Also- here are a few pictures from our SURPRISE BREAK OUT first dance to song...to none other than Usher's OMG!

We had the whole wedding party in on it too! Everyone was so surprised!



1 comment:

  1. I am beyond grateful that we were able to share in your day. It was an incredible day all around! Robert and I are absolutely thrilled for you both! Continue dreaming and do not let anything get in your way! Love you both. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete